Thursday, May 1, 2014

I need to write this shit down



My life the past 8 months has been an endless source of entertainment for me. It may be because some of the worst moments of my life have also happened during that time, so the good and crazy ones seem to be exponentially better. I have laughed more in the past month alone than I have in the past 5 years.

Here’s an example from today:

I’m at my weekly networking meeting for my small business, nothing out of the ordinary.  I go into the regular restaurant to pay my bill and get called over by these ~50-60 year old guys that I have talked to a couple of times before. I sit down with them and they ask why they haven’t seen me in the last 2 months. I give them a condensed version of the not so funny parts of my life, which then makes them protective of me. They ask me to start coming to their motorcycle gang meetings and rides. But I’ve never ridden a motorcycle! That’s fine they say, I can ride on the back and I can join the girl’s part of their gang. They say I’ll fit right in and feel super comfortable at their outings and that the first dinner is free for me. My response, “I guess I need to get a leather jacket.” 

I wake up thinking it’s going to be an ordinary day and right off the bat I’m recruited into a motorcycle gang. It’s going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment